Image Map

In the blink of an eye

15 January 2015

Tonight I am sitting here after putting our little man to bed, and I am feeling inspired. The inspiration comes from Jill showing me an Instagram account of a sweet family that finally got to bring their son home after two long years. We then talked about the wonderful things that our blog and Instagram account brought to our family (Maycee being the obvious biggie), and how we let time get away from us without keeping all of you wonderful people updated.
In the blink of an eye, our baby boy went from a teeny tiny newborn to a laughing, "talking" 14 lb. chunk of awesome. The more he grows the more we realize how incredibly blessed we have been. He has brought a luminous light to our lives. I am a Daddy in every sense of the word. It still feels crazy to say that, but it is oh so true. It is the most rewarding and terrifying, joyful and exhausting, heartwarming and heartbreaking thing that I could have ever imagined. I told a friend of ours that I could not even walk out of the house without worrying that a chicken hawk was going to swoop down and snatch him from my arms. Every minute I am at work I just want to be home with him. I am sure Jill gets tired of my facetime attempts all day long. I will be working alone on a roof at the airport in downtown Dallas, and quickly snap my head around because I could swear I heard him cry. I have always had big dreams for Jill and I. I wanted to be successful so that she would always be taken care of, and that we would one day have the freedom to do whatever we wanted. However I always had it in the back of my mind that we would be fine in 100 sq. ft room as long as we had each other. After bringing home Lincoln that changed and my aspirations were intensely amplified. He inspires me to be the best man that I can be. He makes me want to make something of myself so that I know he will never want for anything. He deserves the best in life, and I will break my back making sure the he has it. His smiling face is the drug that I am addicted to, and it will most definitely be the death of me.
I fell in love with Jill when we were just kids, but Lincoln is our first true love as adults. When I lay my tired head down at night, and listen to the sweet snores or baby conversation from the tiny bed next to ours, I always remember to take a minute to thank God. I thank Him for our struggles. He knew that we would be grateful for our early unanswered prayers. If He were to give us a child the minute we prayed for one, we would have never gained the appreciation for the gift that we were ultimately given. We would have never found Lincoln. He knew exactly what He was doing as He orchestrated our painful chaos. He knew that our world would be perfect if we just had faith. After I thank Him for Lincoln, I open my eyes long enough to glance at His other gift laying next to me. Watching Jill become a mother is like watching a captive animal being set free (That's supposed to be sweeter than it sounds). She has truly been released into her natural habitat. If you asked me what kind of activities you could possibly do with a 3 month old, I would say you play with them and kiss them and try to make them laugh. If you asked Jill the same question she would say "A LOT". She is a whirlwind of arts and crafts, making sensory bags, and moving him room to room to play just to make sure he's never bored. She even did a massive downsize on our living room furniture just to fit toys that he won't be able to play with for months. He is a very lucky little boy to have such a great Momma, and I am a very lucky Daddy to get to share my life with both of them. My world isn't perfect, but it's better than I could have ever hoped for. Ninety percent of the time we have a laughing, smiling, happy baby boy, but even during his dramatic outbursts in public I just smile and think to myself....Finally...I have Dad problems!












1 comment :

  1. A HUGE congratulations on your Son!!, oh wow, he's too cute, really worth the wait!!. I have the same dream by coincidence and so you make me feel it IS possible and really inspire me. But, (sorry to have to write on here, I have been trying to contact Jill). I bought a pink photo frame off you back in December and it still hasn't come!! ha ha, I never received a reply on etsy so had to resort to this (so sorry). It's for a baby photo of me (it's all babies today)!! ha ha, that's important to my Mum so really wanted it....you do such cool frames!. If you don't reply I may have to be telling that cute little guy above!! ha ha. Shameme x

    ReplyDelete