Image Map

My Soulmate

08 February 2014

I know the thought of "soulmates" seems a little cheesy. But my view on a soulmate is a little different. I believe that there is such a thing as a soulmate. Someone created just for you and put into your life by, what had to be, divine intervention. That's what I have. God answered my prayers long before I was even old enough to pray for it.

He gave me you!

Sophomore Year 2002


Junior Year 2003


A little over 12 years ago I was just a regular 15 year old boy. My whole life revolved around football and hanging out with buddies. One day in November 2001 we had a small group of friends come over to my house. It started with just about five guys, and we decided to invite some of the girls over that we hung out with regularly. When they showed up, there was an incredible surprise. They brought with them the “new girl”. I was polite when we were introduced, and I tried to play it cool and be myself. The truth was that a feeling had come over me that was completely new. At fifteen years old, I was forever changed. I was terrified of this girl, but just wanted to know her.


It took me about a week to work up the courage to ask for her phone number. I had completely fallen. She did not feel quite the same way unfortunately. She was two years older and had grown accustomed to dating older guys. It took me a couple more months, but finally I convinced her to “go out with me”. That was 12 years ago today. I knew deep down that I would never let this gift from God go. She influenced every decision I made, and my main objective of every day was to make her happy.


As soon as we graduated from high school, there was only one thought on my mind. Not what college I would be going to, but how soon could I afford to buy an engagement ring.  I proposed to her on Christmas Eve the year we graduated. It was not the greatest, most romantic proposal ever, but she said “YES” anyways making me the happiest man alive.


We were married on our 5 year anniversary of when we started dating. On February 9, 2007, I was greeted at the end of the aisle by the most beautiful bride I have ever seen. With the small chapel filled with people, I could only see the woman walking towards me. On that day we made a pledge to each other. That pledge was not for us, but for everyone else there to witness it. I had already made a pledge to myself the day that I met her. I knew in my heart that I would do everything and anything to keep her safe, provided for, and unconditionally loved for the rest of my life.


Today we celebrate 12 years together, and 7 years married. In many cases when people marry so young they grow into different people and drift apart. We have grown together as one, and have been made stronger every year that passes. My wife is true to the ones she loves, and she loves hard. I have seen my wife conquer everything she put her mind to. She makes everyone around her better people. She has made me a better man for sure. By this time in our marriage we imagined that we would have at least a couple babies by now. She has such a love for children, and a natural maternal instinct. Things may not have lined up exactly as we planned. It may have been a little boring if it had. But we know that we would never change anything that has led us to today. We are happy, healthy, strong, and on our way to becoming first time parents. I can’t wait to share her tremendous love with the newest member of our family.


Happy Anniversary Jill!
Thank you for being exactly the girl that I fell in love with, and for making me the man I am today. I find it hard to recall a memory where you do not exist. You have effectively made the first fifteen years of my life a blur, and I couldn't be more grateful. You are my everything! I love you more than you will ever know. And I promise to never stop loving you through this life and the next.

Bram
2014 

No comments :

Post a Comment